Friday, March 20, 2009

Answers to "Beware of the Dog"

1. The pilot compares his severe injury to a dead cat on a sofa. This simile reveals that the pilot's state of mind is not right. He is a bit delusional because of the big loss of blood.

2. The repetition of "I'm going to pass out" heightens the suspense of story because it makes you wonder if he is really going to pass out.

3.  I think that the pilot is afraid that he will land in the water because he knows that he was flying over a small body of water.

4. I think that after he described the clouds and the sun, he landed in the water.

5. I think that the details in the second column help reveal the author's time period and background because he talks about things that were popularly used during the World War 2 time period. 

6.If the planes are German bombers, that might signify that the city of Brighton is about to be bombed. I can infer from the nurse's responses to the pilot's questions that she knows what is really going on but does not want to worry him.

7.I think that the pilot was about to say that the water in Brighton wasn't hard water. I think that the "fantastic" thought that occurred to him was that he didn't actually go to school in Brighton.


 

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you on #2 because it really makes you wonder if he is going to pass out or not.

    ReplyDelete